In September 2000, the Hancock Park District, Hancock Parks Foundation, Blanchard Valley Dog Owners Group and Humane Society of Hancock County joined efforts to open Hancock County’s first K-9 Field of Dreams Dog Park at Riverbend Recreation Area. The K-9 Field of Dreams Dog Park is an off-leash dog run area, approximately one acre in size, to enjoy with your four-legged friend. The area is open sunrise to sunset, every day of the year.
Users need to be aware of and follow current Dog Park Rules posted on the entrance fence. All users must comply with State of Ohio laws, according to the Ohio Revised Code. Dogs deemed a “Nuisance”, “Dangerous” or “Vicious” by any representative of a county dog warden’s office MAY NOT use the Dog Park.
We ask that all Dog Park users be responsible dog walkers when using the facility or when visiting any other park areas. Failure to comply may result in privileges being revoked.
Please contact the HPD office at 419-425-7275 during normal business hours (M-F, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM) with any problems or concerns. You may also contact the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office at 419-422-2424 or Hancock County Humane Society at 419-423-1664.
Rules of the Dog Park
- Have dogs legally licensed, vaccinated, and wear dog tags.
- Refrain from using when dogs are in heat.
- Clean up dog feces and deposit in designated receptacles.
- Remove aggressive dogs from park.
- Only dogs 30# and under in small dog side.
- Refrain from bringing puppies less than 4 months of age.
- Control dogs with voice or leash at all times.
- Accompany and closely supervise children under the age of 16.
- Bring no more than two dogs at one time.
- Lead by example. Take it upon yourself to do the right thing.