Hancock Park District is seeking local fashion designers and artists to create fashionable looks made from materials that would otherwise be headed to the landfill.
3R FASHIONS will be a fundraising fashion show for the Hancock Parks Foundation. The Hancock Parks Foundation was created in 1989 by community leaders who believed the park system, as an important public trust, should have financial help beyond tax levies approved by citizens of Hancock County.
Participants in the show are required to make wearable fashion pieces out of recycled materials (perfect for your portfolio) and will have a chance to win prizes.
There will be two age categories for 2019:
YOUTH: Ages 10-17
ADULT: Ages 18 and up
The designer entry fee is required for each entry and includes admittance to the event for 1 designer and 1 model. Group entries are accepted, but only 1 designer and 1 model per group will enter for free.
Register to enter your design: December 15, 2018-March 10, 2019
Stage Show and Competition: Friday, May 10, 2019 @ 7:00 p.m.
Where: Marathon Center for the Performing Arts, Findlay, Ohio
The fun-filled evening will be emceed by WFIN’s Chris Oaks. Guests will enjoy drinks, hors d’oeuvres, music, raffles, and an exciting and unique fashion show!
- $25 entrance fee includes one outfit submission, food ticket for 1 designer and 1 model (maximum of 2 entries per designer; fee is nonrefundable)
- Once entered, designers have until the May 10 stage show to complete their entries
- Must be a wearable outfit to be eligible for cash prize; accessories such as jewelry, hats, purses, shoes, scarves, etc. are not stand-alone entries (outfits at minimum consist of a top and bottom, or a dress)
- This is a community fundraising event. Apparel must be tasteful, non-offensive, and provide adequate coverage. (An all-black jumpsuit may be worn under garments to provide adequate coverage, if needed.)
- 90% of garments must be made from common recyclables and disposable items (such as to-go food containers, plastics, wrappers, cardboard, etc). Fabrics are allowed but must be unseen or used at minimum.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A DESIGNER PARTICIPANT. All registrants will receive communications about the event via the email used with this registration. Questions regarding designer participation and registration should be directed to Anne Coburn-Griffis, email@example.com or 419-425-7275.
**Please note: December 15, 2018 through March 10, 2019 (or until max designer capacity of 25 per category is reached) is the window for Designer Registrations. This is NOT for event ticket sales. Tickets will be on sale for this event beginning March 10, 2019.**